WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Freshly roasted VIERA COFFEE CO. coffee
- French Press
- Gooseneck Kettle (preferred)
- Hot water
- Digital scale (optional)
- Grinder - coarse
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Bring 1 litre (33.8 ounces) of filtered water to boil in a gooseneck spouted kettle, stovetop teakettle or electric kettle.
- Weigh out 64 grams of freshly roasted, whole bean coffee on a scale. If you don’t have a scale, you can also measure this with a tablespoon. We recommend about 10 level tablespoons. (1 Tablespoon ≈ 6 grams)
- Using a grinder, grind the coffee to a coarse consistency.
- Place the French Press on the scale, add the coarsely ground coffee to the brewer.
- After starting your timer, quickly fill the brewer to the top with the filtered water just off boil until reaching 1,000g.
- After 30 seconds have passed, a crust of coffee should form at the top. To help release any trapped gases, use a spoon to lightly pat down this crust, which will ensure all the grounds have been saturated.
- Secure the lid into place, without plunging yet.
- After 4 minutes have passed, gently press the plunger down.
- Smell the delicious coffee smell floating through the air. Grab some mugs, share and enjoy.